Possible further activities into which the unit could lead depending on children's interest:
1. Other legends about killerwhales.13
2. Exploring community for totem poles, artifacts. Visit a museum or home or gift shop where pertinent Tlingit artifacts may be found.
3. General study of American Indians.
4. Creation of an artifact (bracelet, hat, shirt, etc.) using killerwhale design. Older children may produce some fine work, especially if a parent or other adult in community is available to teach some technique required. e.g. moccasin sewing, beadwork.
5. A unit on beach and sea life could develop. Field trip to collect